TÜV SÜD South Asia as an independent & impartial certification body, has stringent policies that ensures the team involved in executing the certification process and making decisions is Fair, Firm and Independent.
The procedures laid down by TÜV SÜD South Asia is in accordance with the requirements of IAF guidelines and ref of ISO 17021.
The process of certification is as follows:
- The client shall apply for the System Certification using prescribed forms.
Any interested party may contact any of our offices by sending Audit Application Form for the standard. Audit application shall be reviewed for completeness and verified with competence and accreditations before sending the quote.
- TÜV SÜD South Asia shall plan and register the audit after entering into a contract.
- The audit planning consists of use of competent auditors and execution within the agreed time.
Certification Audit: This is divided in 2 parts
- Stage I - Preparedness and review.
- Stage II - Compliance Verification
- After the opening meeting, the auditors shall take adequate samples and evaluate the samples against the requirement of standard and the documentation of client as well by a personal interview.
- The auditors shall convey their findings and results in the closing meeting. After receiving compliances or findings, the audit documentation is forwarded to the Central Certification Unit (CCU).
- The audit documentation is independently reviewed and checked for correctness and completeness.
- The decision for audit is taken by the CCU at the Head Office.
- The client will be awarded the certificate after successful completion of the audit.
Survelliance follow up audits:
- Generally, lesser duration audits to be planned.
- The frequency is generally one year (except SA 8000).
- The purpose is to ensure continuous complaince to the system and cover all the elements in the span of one certification cycle.
Repeat Audit (Recertification):
- The audit after completion of one cycle (generally 3 years for certification).
- In this audit, all the elements are audited and the duration for this audit may be lesser as compared to the Certification Audit (if the employee strength is the same).
Ammendment in Scope, Site and Transfer Audits:
Another type of audit includes expansion / reduction of scope, and addition / deletion of sites & transfer. A separate audit planning is to be done. However, the audit process and the outcome remains the same as given in the Certification Audit.
Suspension and Withdrawals:
Non-compliance of Certification regulations like timelines of execution of audit, non-submission of compliance on findings within stipulated period, misuse of logo & certificate, gross failure in systems, etc. can lead to suspension or withdrawal as per the governing rules of TÜV SÜD South Asia.
The requirement for each standard is defined accordingly in the following links:
Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- ISO 9001:2008 Management System Certification
- Automotive Management System Certification: ISO/TS 16949 and VDA
- Aerospace: AS/EN 9100 and AS/EN 9120 Management System Certification
- ISO 13485: Quality Management System for Medical Devices
Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- ISO 14001 Management System Certification
- Environmental Impact and Water Conservation
- ISO 45001 Management System Certification
- OHSAS 18001 Management System Certification
Food Safety Systems
- ISO 22000:2005 Management System Certification
- Fami-QS Certification
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- International Food Standard (IFS) Certification
- GMP+ Certification
- Hygiene Audits and Training Programmes
IT Management Systems
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
Social Compliance Services
- SA8000® Social Accountability Certification
- Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- Customs-Trade Protection Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Code of Conduct Audits
Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
For any further suggestion, queries, appeals, complaints, etc. please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org