Our Structural, Electrical & Fire Audit Experience:
TÜV SÜD conducts safety audits for all properties, vis-à-vis
• Shopping centers & malls
• Textile factories, paper factories, leather factories, etc.
• Hospitals & nursing homes
• Industrial buildings
• Commercial buildings
• Residential buildings
• Trade fairs and museums
• Manufacturing units
• Power plants
• Refineries and refueling stations
• Large car parks
• Mobile switching centers
Depending on facility/sector, customized service packages can also be developed.
Retailers and consumers are demanding a specific, focussed and comprehensive inspection and audit process that covers fire and electrical safety. Hence, the need for a systematic and critical appraisal of all potential hazards involving personnel, plant, services and operation methods is felt strongly.
We provide a one-stop service that covers all of your inspection and auditing needs. Our experts provide project management to ensure that your Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety inspection and auditing run smoothly. We offer two Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety audit services to best suit your needs: preliminary Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety inspection and Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety audits.
Preliminary Electrical and Fire Safety inspection
This is based on the critical check points for Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety according to regulatory and safety aspects. It is a one-day audit with two experts on-site to perform the inspection. This inspection will be visual based and no testing or measurement is carried out. The outcome of the inspection provides an indication of the facility’s safety compliance. Any area of concern can then be taken up by that particular discipline during the comprehensive audit.
Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety Stage 1 audit: identifying and excluding risks
- Review and on-site inspection of structural analysis and construction plans, and electrical and fire safety systems.
- Fire safety scan: to ensure fire safety standards are consistently maintained.
If findings of the stage 1 audit reveal that the building condition is complex or critical, the stage 2 audit is recommended.
Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety Stage 2 audit: examining and evaluating risks
- Fire safety
- Identify and assess fire risks during operations in receipt, storage, transfer and handling of chemicals (raw materials and finished products).
- Review chemical compatibility in storage areas and suggest appropriate fire loss control measures.
- Review the various active (fire hydrant, sprinkler, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection requirements for chemical storage and handling areas, suggesting improvements as necessary.
- Electrical safety
- Review static electricity hazards in the factory operations.
- Review hazards area classification and selection of flameproof electrical installation in the factory, including maintenance aspects.
- Review electrical preventive maintenance system.
- Review contractor safety awareness and recommend suitable improvement measures to enhance contractor safety.
- Review safety awareness and safety training requirements of factory employees with respect to hazards present in the factory.
Once all measurements and inspections are complete, TÜV SÜD South Asia will submit a detailed Structural, Electrical & Fire Safety Audit report.
TÜV SÜD offers Electrical & Fire Safety inspection and auditing services for commercial and industrial buildings. These services meet the requirement of retailers and consumers, while facilitating the process at the manufacturers’ end. We assist you in enhancing the safety quotient for your industrial and commercial building by complying to regulatory requirements and your buyer-specific requirements.