The food safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under the Food safety and standards act, 2006 which consolidates various acts and orders that have hiteherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption. No person shall commence or carry any food business except under a license from the FSSAI. It is mandatory for all business to operate under license and registration with FSSAI.
This course will provide an overview of food nutrition, food safety during food processing, preservation, transportation and storage of food and the provisions of food safety and standards act, 2006 and FSSAI regulations 2011.
- Introduction to Food Nutrition
- Introduction to Food Processing and preservation Technology
- Food Safety during manufacturing, transportation and Storage of food
- Emerging issues in Food- Organic, Genetically Modified functional foods, proprietary foods, etc.
- Provisions of Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006
- FSSAI Regulations 2011
- Food Hygiene Consumer awareness on Food Safety.
What will you learn by attending?
This course is will enable delegates to understand the provisions of the Food Safety & Standards Act 2006 and FSSAI Regulations 2011 for the purpose of implementation and compliance as well as audit and consultation.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for delegates involved with managing the Food safety Managements System of their organizations
- Top / Senior Management of Food Manufacturing Companies
- Operations Managers
- Food Safety Team leaders
- Quality Managers/ Consultants/Food Safety Auditors
- Designated Officers of Food Companies and other Personnel charged with compliance of their organization to FSSAI requirements
- Organizations currently applying for FSSAI Licensing
It is preferable for the delegates to have a background knowledge of food safety principles, prerequisite programmes, and HACCP, food processing technology etc.
Course length/duration: 2 Days
Features of our training
Compared to traditional taught courses, we utilize the state of the art accelerated learning approach.
Highly interactive to allow all participants to apply new knowledge and enhance their learning.
Delivered through power point presentations supported with group discussions and exercises
Each participant will receive a soft copy of the certificate of attendance