GD&T is an important training program for Engineering, design, manufacturing, quality and sourcing personnel. Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is the international standard for design, tolerancing and drawing. It is important that anyone who needs to read, interpret and use Engineering drawings, should know GD&T.
Practice of GD&T is made mandatory by Quality standards like TS16949. The GD&T training workshop would add good value to every company that wishes to stand up to the global market.
- Design engineers can understand the international practice and align their designs to it.
- Tooling designers and process planners can learn to design tooling and processes to deliver the GD&T tolerances.
- Sourcing and materials managers can understand the GD&T design intent and procure components and assemblies that satisfy the drawing specification
- Inspection engineers can arrive at requirements of measuring instruments to ensure measurability of GD&T
- Concepts of Inspection, sampling, reading and drawing
- Introduction and usage of various measuring instruments and gauges
- Basic concepts - Max/ Min material conditions limit fits & tolerances, tolerance build, variance, C of C
- GD&T - Concepts and symbols with identification of various inspection instrument and measurement system
- Measurement system analysis - concepts discussion
- MSA exercise & GRR calculation - variable measurement
- MSA exercise & Kappa calculations - attribute measurement
Who should attend?
- Designers, manufacturing, materials and quality engineers, process planners who need to read and use drawings and want to achieve knowledge of modern dimensioning & tolerancing practices.
- Industry personnel dealing with global organizations and wanting to share the common language of GD&T for making and interpretation of Engineering designs
- 0 - 3 years of work experience ( recommended background in mechanical engineering would be ideal)
- Certificate of attendance
- Course material