5S is a simple but highly effective set of techniques that remove waste from your work environment through better workplace organization, visual communication and general cleanliness. The pillars of 5S are defined as Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Sheketsu, and Shitsuke. Because each of the five pillars begins with “S”, this method was appropriately named 5S developed by the Japanese Workplace Organization and Housekeeping System that helps to create a better working environment and a consistently high quality process.
- Understand the structure and scope of 5S
- Learn how to prepare for a 5S program and what is involved in the kickoff
- Learn how to get production workers involved and have them own the process
- Learn the step by step implementation process and how to implement with the core team
- Learn how to implement with sustainment in mind, upfront before it is an issue
- Provide direction and build confidence for starting your 5S implementation gets practice working in team.
Who should attend?
- Quality/ housekeeping/ admin managers
- Engineers / supervisors / process owners
- Workers / operators
Course length / duration : 2 days
Session 1: Introduction to 5S
Session 2 : Leadership and team management for 5S implementation
Session 3 : Steps in 5S implementation
Session 4 : Effectiveness of 5S implementation
- The training method is totally participative and interactive
- Training through power point presentation slides, explanation, case studies, etc.
- The training program would be focused on actual case studies, success stories and live examples and practical at the end of the sessions.
- Implementing 5S across the organization will change the mindset of employees and facilitate continuous improvement
- Improve the efficiency of employees and make them more productive
- Eliminate time spent on non-value added work, affecting individual and workplace efficiency
- Create a robust foundation for future work in the quality arena
- E-copy of certificate of attendance
- Training course notes
TÜV SÜD South Asia’s Approach for Handholding
Our focus is to develop, implement and sustain state-of-the art operations excellence. This approach has two major advantages:
Your investment in training is captured when the project is completed
Participants learn how to successfully manage a project for 5 S Implementation.
For handholding and implementation it is recommended to form an implementation team with identification of leader. The trainers / consultants from TUV SÜD will help the team in implementation, system development, auditing, action plan, project tracking, defining project plan, preparing the action list with timeline and responsibility allocation etc. TÜV SÜD trainers / consultants would be extending their support for handholding through personal interactions during visits, guidance and counseling.