ISO 22301 is the international Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) standard. It specifies the requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise. ISO 22301 replaced the old BS 25999-2 business continuity standard in 2012.
The course is a 5 day intensive bootcamp imparting the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301. Participants gain a thorough understanding of the best practices for implementing a business continuity process from ISO 22399.
Duration - 4 days
- Day 1 - Introduction to the management of a Business Continuity Management System(BCMS) based on ISO 22301 and launching a BCMS
- Day 2 - Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Day 3 - Launching and implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Day 4 - Control, monitor and measure a BCMS and the certification audit of a BCMS according to ISO 22301
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at providing an overview of ISO 22301 to those influencing or managing the implementation or ongoing maintenance of BCM.
- Understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of Business Continuity Management System.
- Understand the relationship between the components of Business Continuity Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organistion.
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing, and maintaining a BCMS as specified in ISO 22301 or BS 2599
- Acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 22301 or BS 25999
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organisations on the best practices in the management of business continuity
- Improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of business continuity management
How will you and your company benefit from this course
- Understand how to lead your team in a successful implementation of ISO 22301 : 2012
- Learn the best practice techniques contained in ISO 22301:2012
- Demonstrate you understand the stages of implementation
- Receive a lead implementer qualification
Pre-requisite for this program
Prior knowledge about ISO 22301 standard is desirable
120 minutes duration of written examination with 70% passing standard