With technology changing by leaps and bounds and securing data being an integral part of any organization, cryptography assures the confidentiality, integrity, authenticity and accountability of information becomes an important aspect. Cryptography is simply expressed as having the concept in a secret code.
The course will journey you to the present day use of encryption, viz. symmetric and asymmetric encryption, algorithms and hashing.
- Terminology and definition related to cryptology and cryptanalysis
- Merits and demerits of cryptography
- Basic of steganography
- Stream ciphers and block ciphers
- Kerckhoffs principle for cryptosystem
- Types of cryptosystems - symmetric and asymmetric key encryption (DES - Data encryption standard, Triple DES) AES -Advanced encryption standard, RSA - Ron rivest, Adi Shamir and Len Adleman
- Cryptographic primitives (tools)
- Cryptographic attacks
- Hash functions
- Digital signatures - process and importance & digital certificate
- Concept of cryptography and basic terminology related to encryption
- Explain different types of ciphers, their classification and operation principles
- Differentiate the symmetric and asymmetric key encryption
- Explain the concept of cryptographic tools
- Understand the public key encryption, different types of public key encryption algorithms and their operation principles
- Understand hash functions
- Understand the digital signatures, digital certificates and protection against threats
- Recognize the cryptographic threats and tools to mitigate them
- Ensure confidentiality by encrypting information and communication to be sent to authorized persons
- Ensure authentication by implementing techniques such as MAC and digital signatures that protect information against spoofing and forgeries
- Ensure data integrity by implementing the cryptographic hash functions
- Ensure non-repudiation by implementing digital signature and guards against the dispute that may arise due to denial of passing message by the sender.
Who should attend
- All individuals who need to understand the concept of cryptography
- Personnel's working on cyber security projects
- Network engineer, security analyst, cyber security professionals
- nformation security practitioners and managers
Examination and certificates
- Participants will be assessed through a written examination with the minimum passing criteria at 70%
- A TÜV SÜD certificate will be issued to candidate scoring above 70%.