About the course
Every organization within the automotive supply chain is obliged to ensure the safety and conformity of its products. To this end, in the respective countries and regions, current legal statutes on product integrity must be observed, also the justifiable safety expectations of the general public must be fulfilled. With products conspicuously "unsafe" in the market, or whose conformity to legal requirements is questionable, those responsible are obliged to initiate the necessary actions.
In order to be aware of and to understand the many demands addressed to a product safety representative, comprehensive information and qualification is necessary. This is the aim of this two-day qualification; it is specifically geared to the requirements in the participants' daily work practice. The central topics of product integrity are explored, and the competence as product safety representative is developed in the scope of these five modules.
The focus is on the communication of expert knowledge that enables the participants to handle their everyday work more professionally and in a more targeted fashion as prospective or existing product safety representatives. The responsibilities in the whole supply chain from development through manufacture and use up to the end of intended use are dealt with.
After an introduction to the topic, the organization of product integrity, product integrity in the product life cycle, guidance for product nonconformities and examples for tools and methods are discussed.
Module 1: The need to appoint a product safety officer (PSO)
Module 2 : Core elements of a system for controlling risks, including events
Module 3: Product safety management and the role of the product safety officer (PSO)
Module 4: "Lessons learned", classification of risks and structured actions
Module 5: Volkswagen AG's requirement for product safety officers
- Technical / business management training
- Experience in quality management in the automotive sector, especially in complaints and recourse management
- Qualified and experienced in the evaluation of technical product and process risks(for example, FMEA facilitator, VDA 6.3 process auditor, designer / developer)
- Knowledge of the application of the products made in the delegate's company, as well as the latest state of technology
- Basic knowledge and understanding of requirements arising from relevant legislation and customers' requirements
Duration: 2 days
Certificate of attendance
After passing the test, you will receive a certificate of qualification.
Who should attend
Automotive executives and personnel who are to be deployed as product safety representatives or who already hold that position.