AIAG VDA FMEA First Edition Issued June 2019
Course introduction (VDA ID441):
Suppliers delivering their products to European and North American manufacturers (OEMs) are obliged to evaluate the FMEA, based on the VDA and AIAG FMEA manuals. Occasionally, this has led to an increase in the complexity of product development and improvement for suppliers. Joint requirements and expectations for FMEA now enable suppliers to design a coherent process for FMEA that meets the needs and expectations of their respective customers. This course-cum-workshop will assist the practitioner in transitioning from the AIAG 4th Edition FMEA OR VDA Volume 4 to the HARMONIZED AIAG & VDA FMEA.
This course / workshop is designed & developed structuring the below mentioned concepts & approach by VDA itself, a partner member for publishing the ‘Harmonized AIAG VDA FMEA’ with AIAG.
- Step 1: Before the workshop, an online quiz, for which some examples from the FMEA manual are provided, establishes the participants’ level of knowledge, which will enable the trainer to understand their participants.
- Step 2: Classroom workshop with examples.
- Step 3: Eight weeks later, there is a final webinar in which the participants communicate with one other, exchange experiences and ask questions.
Experienced users of FMEA (AIAG Manual or VDA Manual); facilitators, developers, design engineers, process planners as well as personnel from product and process development, testing, logistics, manufacturing, inspection planning, maintenance and quality.
Prerequisites for attendance:
Participants should have well-founded knowledge about FMEA, as the workshop builds upon this knowledge and does not cover the elementary basics.
The objective of this workshop is to introduce FMEA users to the changes due to harmonization and to provide practical tips for application.
- To understand the main changes, improvements, and benefits of New AIAG VDA FMEA
- To understand execution requirement compared to AIAG 4th Edition FMEA manual & VDA Volume 4.
- To understand 7 step approach to develop FMEA as per new AIAG & VDA FMEA
- To learn use of Severity, Occurrence, Detection, and Action Priority rating tables.
- To get ready for implementation & transition guidelines and gain from this new approach.
- To understand the application of various tools in order to develop DFMEA & PFMEA as per new AIAG VDA FMEA.
- 7 Step Approach DFMEA / PFMEA as per AIAG VDA FMEA
- Project Planning with 5T Approach
- Structure Analysis - Block / Boundary Diagram & Structure Analysis Structure Tree
- Function Analysis - Parameter Diagram (P - Diagram)
- Failure Analysis - Type of FM and Failure Chain FE-FM-FC
- Risk Analysis - Severity, Occurrence, Detection and Action Priority
- Risk Optimization
- Results Documentation
- Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring & System Responses (MSR)
After the completion of all 3 steps (Online Quiz, Classroom Workshop and Q&A Webinar) participants will receive a certificate of attendance from VDA Germany.
Faculty / Trainer:
As the official license partner of VDA QMC, TÜV SÜD South Asia Pvt. Ltd. is authorized to deliver this course in India, with trainers qualified and approved by VDA QMC Germany, who is the designer, developer and approver of this course and is an empaneled partner member with AIAG to publish the AIAG VDA FMEA handbook.
For registration and / or any further queries, you may write to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number 1800-212-2000.