Secure the best safety solution for engineering design
TÜV SÜD has become the market leader in Engineering Design Services. We have the knowledge and experience to design and install the most appropriate safety solutions. All using products from our portfolio of outstanding manufacturers.
As part of our Engineering Design process, we produce a Function Design Specification (FDS). This is to establish and agree the project requirements and boundaries in detail. With FDS approval, any upgrades can be engineered in detail and documentation produced. A number of site surveys may be carried out as part of this design process.
As soon as the FDS is in place, we begin the overall design process. Depending on your requirements, this can include physical guarding, safety control circuitry and a selection of safety products.
With us as your partner, you can be absolutely confident you’re getting the best solution for all your machinery safety compliance engineering projects.
Our services at a glance:
On acceptance of the FDS, TÜV SÜD will begin the overall design process which can include the following depending on requirements:
- Physical guarding designed and built to EN 953 and EN ISO 13857
- Safety control circuitry designed to EN ISO 13849 or EN 62061, depending on the system that is required
- The selection of the most suitable safety products (interlocks, light curtains etc) as appropriate for the project in question
TÜV SÜD also offers the following engineering design related services:
- Project definition and design studies
- Multidiscipline project management
- System specification and design
- Electrical design and build including control circuits
- Commissioning and installation
- Ongoing support and training
- Modifications to ensure legal compliance