The protection of your sensitive personal data is a serious matter to us and we would like you to feel safe and comfortable when surfing on our website pages.
Recording and processing of personal data
Generally, your personal data is not required for visiting the TÜV SÜD websites.
Only personal data that you have entered voluntarily, e.g. within the scope of a registration, a survey or contract conclusion will be recorded.
Use, disclosure, and earmarking of personal data
All personal data gathered within the scope of direct TÜV SÜD Internet services will only be recorded, processed and used in accordance with the valid data-protection regulations and for the purposes of contract processing or safeguarding legitimate own business interests relating to consulting services and support provided to our customers and prospects.
Right to information
As per the Information Techonolgy (Reasonable Security Practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011. We shall obtain your written consent through letter or fax or email regarding the purpose for which your personal information shall be utilised before collecting any such personal information.
TÜV SÜD takes technical and organisational measures to protect any data you have made available to TÜV SÜD from incidental or willful manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties. This applies as well, when external services are used. Our security measures are continuously enhanced in line with technical advances.
Cookies and website tracking
On this website we use systems to measure and analyse information with respect to visits to our website. To that effect we use your IP address to collect, among other things, the traffic on our web site and data regarding your browser type and computer.
In addition cookies are used. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. If you visit the website again, it is recognised as a repeat visit by means of the cookie. The cookie contains and where applicable a date and therefore no personal data. The cookie cannot be used to identify you on websites of third parties, including the sites of the analysis providers.
We will not use the IP addresses or cookies to identify you personally.
We use this service in order to increase the efficiency of our websites and our marketing.
Google Universal analytics – terms and conditions of use
This website uses Google Universal Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Universal Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Integration of social network plug-ins
Some pages at TÜV SÜD may have social network plug-ins integrated into them (e.g. "I like" button, "Share" button). Some examples of social networks are Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. When you load a TÜV SÜD page that contains such a plug-in, your browser will set up a link to this social network. The content of the plug-in (of the button) is then provided by the servers of this social network. This means that in principle these servers can trace the page being loaded (potentially also via cookies that were installed at this social network during your visits).
If you want to prevent your social network from collecting data on you, you can log out from it beforehand and possibly delete existing cookies from the online service provider concerned. If you do not have a user account with a social network, then no data will be transferred.
Public register of notifications
Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 stipulates the Body Corporates to make the following information available for inspection by members of the public in a suitable manner.
1. Purposes of data, recording, processing or use
TÜV SÜD is a leading service company in the testing, inspection and certification industry. It serves various industry sectors such as automotive, consumer products, plant engineering and rail. Our objectives are reliability, safety and quality as well as environmental protection and cost effectiveness. Data is recorded, processed and used for the above purposes.
2. Description of the circle of persons affected and associated data & data categories
Data of customers, employees and suppliers in as far as these are required to fulfill the purposes stated above.
3. Recipients or categories of recipients to which such data may be disclosed
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the TÜV SÜD corporate family i.e. its associate, Holding and Group Companies to provide joint content, products and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to TÜV SÜD or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
4. Data retention periods prescribed by law
The legislator has laid down various retention periods and duties. After expiry of these periods, the data in question will be routinely deleted. Any information not governed by these stipulations, will be deleted when the purposes stated above cease to apply.
5. Members of the board of management
- Mr. Niranjan Nadkarni (Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr. Suresh Kumar (Chief Operating Officer)
- Mr. Atul Bakre (Chief Finance Officer)
- Ms. Suchitra Shahapurkar (Vice President, Corporate Human Resources)
TÜV SÜD South Asia Pvt. Ltd.
4th Floor, Solitaire,
ITI Road, Aundh,
Pune – 411007,