Investigate the root cause of your equipment failure
When vital components and structures fail, determining the root cause can be a challenge for manufacturers and operators. Product failure occurs due to a number of reasons including design flaws, manufacturing or material defects, and wear and tear. Misuse or abuse during transportation, on-site storage and chemical cleaning before commissioning and operation may also lead to product failure.
Registration is now closed
About Failure Analysis
Failure analysis is a comprehensive investigation to determine failure mechanisms and root causes in the event of a breakdown through scientific and engineering practical methodology. The root cause analysis procedure involves collecting and analysing data, developing appropriate corrective and/or preventive action, presenting the data clearly and generating a practical recommendation.
Importance of Failure Analysis
Failure analysis detects the root cause of the failure mechanism and recommends preventive measures to avoid repeat occurrences. Regardless of whether you are a manufacturer or an operator, failures that contribute to downtime can affect your business operations and profitability. In worst-case scenarios, failures may even pose a risk to employees, the public and the environment, possibly resulting in reputational damage and lawsuits.
Knowledge Sharing through Complimentary Webinar
To help you understand how to prevent recurring failures and reduce costs from unexpected shutdowns, TÜV SÜD’s expert will cover all the key aspects of failure analysis over a complimentary webinar. Webinar details as follows:
Date: 15th October 2019
Time: 12pm IST
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s Failure Analysis Expert
Registration is now closed
Points to be Covered in the Webinar
- Introduction to failure analysis
- Benefits of conducting failure analysis
- Case study –
- Up-stream industry: Fracture of driving shaft
- Leakage of oil storage tank
- Corrosion of cracking column in oil refinery process
- Leakage of different heat exchanger tubes (i.e. titanium, copper alloy, stainless steel, etc.)
- Q & A session
Click here, for more information about TÜV SÜD’s Failure Analysis offerings.
Who should attend this webinar
Engineering manager, professionals in maintenance team, QA/QC team & company law department from the following fields:
- Up-stream e.g. field detection, field exploration, etc.
- Mid-stream e.g. transportation companies, storage company, etc.
- Down-stream e.g. oil refinery companies, by-product processing companies, etc.
Business Benefits of Failure Analysis
- Ensure availability and safety – through qualified inspections using modern inspection technology.
- Minimise risk – by identifying quality problems early on to reduce the risk of time-consuming and expensive rework as well as legal liabilities that lead to reputational damage.
- Benefit from an expert partnership – providing experience in failure analysis to support your projects.
- Draw upon global support – with TÜV SÜD’s strong international and regional presence, providing a high level of knowledge in most markets, backed up by local expertise.
- Protect your reputation – with technical support in legal disputes (including court cases) and identification of root causes of problems in product quality cases.
We strongly recommend that you undertake failure analysis, to determining the mechanism(s) and root cause(s) of the failure and also to take preventive measures to prevent recurrence of the failure.
A comprehensive Failure Analysis session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have on determining the cause of failures, enabling you to take steps to modify or redesign the product to prevent future failures.
To know more about TÜV SÜD’s Failure Analysis offerings, please call us on 1800-212-2000 or mail us on email@example.com
We are participating in the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) from 11th - 14th November 2019. See you at the TÜV SÜD Booth no. 13455 @ German Pavilion, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) - Hall 13!